Do you have the perfect vision for a craft project?
We All Start Somewhere...
What is an SVG File?
Especially on craft forums and Cricut Facebook discussions.
Don't worry! You don't have to do any of the math. Your design program will do that for you!
All you have to do is put your beautiful ideas down on the canvas and save the files!
- Unit 1: Creating Your First Document
- Unit 2: Working with Shapes to Create SVG Files
- Unit 3: Complex Shapes for Original Figures
- Unit 4: Groups and Layers, and Colors for your SVG Files
- Unit D5: Design Theory
- Unit 6: Word Art
- Unit 7: Drawing Tool for Your Original Designs
- Unit 8: Modify Shapes and Create Knockouts
- Unit 9: Design Resources
- Unit 10: Vectorize and Rasterize Objects
- Unit 11: Tips and Tricks for Saving and Sharing Files
What do you need to get started?
- This course on how to design SVG files from scratch (and some tips and tricks if you don’t like to draw).
- A computer (Mac or PC) capable of running Adobe Illustrator and/or Inkscape (you cannot run either of these on a tablet or phone)
- Adobe Illustrator monthly license (a free trial is available to get started) or Inkscape software (free software). NOTE: this course is completed in Illustrator so all screenshots, vocabulary terms, and menus will be Illustrator based).
When you have completed this course, you will have a foundation for creating virtually any cuttable design (and a really good start on designing printable planner pages and stickers!). Your options will be limitless.