Halloween is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a fun and simple paper craft project? In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through creating adorable lollipop holders in the shape of a witch’s cauldron. These cute and spooky treats are perfect for parties, classroom giveaways, or even as decorations.
- Cauldron Lollipop Holder SVG
- Colored Cardstock in desired colors (scraps are great for this one)
- Glitter paper or glitter vinyl scraps (optional…you can also use glitter glue)
- Glue or adhesive (foam dots or double-sided tape)
- Scissors or crafting knife
All the general supplies for scrapbooking and cardmaking that I use are listed below. Pattern papers and cardstocks are not specific. Use what you have (unless you were eyeballing that new paper release…).
NOTE: This file is part of the 2023 Halloween Craft Stash Challenge. If you are working on this project after the challenge is complete, you can still participate. The file is sold individually in the shop and it is also included in the Mega Halloween Bundle.
Step 1: Prepare Your Materials
This file is super easy to prep. Once you have it uploaded into your design software and sized the way you like, all you have to do is set your score lines.
That’s it. Now send it to the cutter.
Step 2: Assemble the Cauldron Base
- Fold your cut cauldron base at the score lines.
Step 3: Attach the Steam and Bubbles
- Apply a small amount of glue to the inside of the cauldron where the potion will be placed.
- Attach the purple steam pieces to the glued area. These steam pieces should curl slightly, giving a delightful 3D effect.
- Moving on to the bubbles, glue them onto the cauldron in their designated spots. If you prefer a raised effect, you can use foam dots or adhesive to attach the bubbles. I’ve cut mine out of glitter cardstock that I found at Michael’s. You can also use glitter HTV or regular vinyl.
Step 4: Prepare the Lollipop
- If needed, trim the plastic wrapper of the lollipop to fit it into the hole of the cauldron.
- Insert the lollipop stick through the hole, positioning the lollipop so it fits snugly inside the cauldron.
Step 5: Close and Finish
- Apply glue, glue dots, or adhesive to the top inside of the cauldron. Gently press the two sides together to securely close the holder.
- Allow the glue to dry, if necessary, and your cauldron lollipop holder is now complete!
Step 6: Variations and Ideas
- Get creative by customizing the colors of the cauldron, steam, and bubbles to match your preferred Halloween color scheme.
- For an added dimension, use foam dots to raise the bubbles off the surface.
- If you have a sticker maker, consider using it to turn the tiny paper pieces into stickers. This will make assembly even easier.
- These charming lollipop holders can serve as delightful party favors, classroom treats, or eye-catching decorations.
Don’t forget to share your creation with the rest of us in the Lemony Fizz Paper Crafters Facebook Group.